Country Parks Mountain Clean-up Public Activities
To encourage public involvement in keeping the country parks clean, the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) now invites interested organisations to participate in country park mountain clean-up activities. If necessary, AFCD could provide rubbish bags and clamps for the activities.
Organisations may plan their own clean-up activities. Starting and ending locations should be located in country parks. After the activity, the collected litter could be deposited at suitable refuge collection facilities to facilitate the removal of the collected litter. To protect the safety of participants, the clean-up routes should only include maintained and managed trails. Detailed information of hiking trails could be found on the Enjoy Hiking website.
Location: Hiking trails in country parks and special areas
Date: August 2022 to March 2024
Interested organizations may fill in the form below at least 14 days before the date of the proposed activity. AFCD will contact the applicant at least 7 days before the activity to confirm activity details. Please observe the prevailing social-distancing guidelines and regulations as announced by the Government during the activities.
Points to note:
1. Organizations should plan the activity route and itinerary according to participants’ fitness levels, experience and physical abilities.
2. Check the latest weather report & forecast by the Hong Kong Observatory. The activity should be cancelled if inclement weather is forecasted.
3. During the activity, participants should note the following:
- Always pay attention to safety, do not head to dangerous areas;
- Dress in light-weight, breathable and comfortable clothing and proper hiking or sports shoes with a closed toe structure; do not wear slippers or sandals;
- Wear sunglasses, a hat, and a light-coloured, long-sleeved shirt and use sunscreen to protect yourself from extreme strong sunlight ;
- Rehydrate sufficiently to avoid dehydration or heatstroke;
- Bring your own water bottle and reusable food containers and utensils.
- Stay on maintained and managed hiking trails and avoid walking through vegetation;
- Maintain a tranquil environment, do not yell or run;
- Do not pick or damage vegetation, do not touch, disturb or catch any animals.